Westar Federal Credit Union
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm work schedule. Paid Time Off and Paid Federal Holidays, Great Employee Retention.
Accounting Job Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of activities to assist in maintaining the financial and accounting records of the credit union.
- Process and balance daily postings of EFT (electronic funds transfer) and ACH (automated clearing house) activity.
- Enter all rejections, pre-notifications, stop payments, etc.
- Assist in solving member issues or questions on EFT/ACH.
- Journalize all necessary transactions and make sure everything is in balance.
- Prepare accounts payable checks after receiving proper authorization.
- Keep accurate records in accordance with credit union and regulatory standards.
- Participate in projects which may involve other departments.
- Other duties as required.
Accounting Job Qualifications
- Previous experience in billing, finance, or other related fields preferred
- Experience in data entry
- Knowledge of standard accounting procedures
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
About Westar Federal Credit Union:
At Westar Federal Credit Union, we’re here to help our neighbors make their ambitions a reality. Westar has been a part of the local community since 1963. As a credit union, Westar is a non-profit that is owned by our credit union members. A fulfilling career that puts people first starts here. Westar Federal Credit Union prioritizes personable service and building long lasting relationships with credit union members. Westar Federal Credit Union offers a supportive, welcoming and inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity. Westar Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.