Westar Federal Credit Union’s “Wildcat Branch” (student run branch) is open in the West Genesee High School during lunch periods Tuesdays and Fridays throughout the school year. Students interested in volunteering at the branch can contact us at (315) 672-7827 or email Brandon at email@example.com
What is a student run branch?
It is a credit union inside a school. The students selected to work at the Wildcat Branch gain valuable job skills serving as tellers, bookkeepers, computer operators, etc.
Facts about this location:
- Membership is open to all students and staff of the West Genesee Central School District. However, the Wildcat Branch is limited to school district employees and students attending the high school.
- High school students staff the branch during all lunches on Wednesdays and Fridays. Interested students go through an application and interview process with Westar’s management.
- A Westar employee supervises the students at all times. Because the Wildcat Branch operating system is not live, the students do NOT have access to any of our members’ accounts. Students enter transactions on an excel spreadsheet and the credit union staff post the transactions back at our office.
- Nicole Swete, Business, Health and Technology Department Chair is the school liaison. Brandon Doyle, Member Services Representative of Westar FCU is the on-site supervisor.
Transactions accepted at this location:
- Withdrawals – Students $100, Staff $200
- Open Accounts
- Loan Payments
- Cash checks
- Visa payments
- Pre-paid Visa Gift Cards
Discount Tickets Available
- Regal Movie Tickets
- Movie Tavern Tickets
- Delta Sonic Car Wash
- Enchanted Forest Water Safari